My Favorite Person


  My favorite person is myself. When I say "myself" I don't mean it like I'm a better human being compared to other people like "I am more attractive than other people", or " I'm better than anyone else" like a narcissistic person, it's actually quite the opposite. I've learned to accept my flaws and just simply be who I am. Because who else going to love and appreciate me other than myself?  

 When I was around 15 my face had a breakout, my face is full of acne and acne scars. the people at my school always talk about how bad my face is and it's really tiring listening to the same thing almost every day. even family wouldn't shut up about it. It really ruined my confidence and my self-esteem. After years of research and using all kinds of products, I would say I looked better than before. still ugly, just less ugly. But still, I look better than before.

 In my family, I would describe myself as a total loser. I'm not the smartest, not the most talented and I would mess up everything I do, and it's very depressing how my family members always looked down on me as if I'm not a part of the family. But I work really hard, and I learned how to draw. at first, no one really bats an eye at my artwork,  but after almost  5 years of hard work, people would look at my artwork and wonder how did I do that so easily. Got to give myself a credit for that.

 I don't see a problem with making ourselves our favorite people. in the end, the only people that will pick us up are ourselves, not others. I called that self-love.


Written by Ahmad Aqlan Danish


Comments

Popular Posts