MY FAVOURITE PERSON

  

MY FAVOURITE PERSON



Yusman Bin Mohd. Zain is the name of my favourite person. He is my charming father. Because of his amusing demeanor, he is my favorite person. He always made my day brighter with his quips. He makes an effort to make everyone laugh every day so that our family can relieve stress.

He wasn't always like this, despite being a fun person. I spent my entire childhood disliking my father because he was very severe, fierce, and had a bad temper. Despite his strictness, he will teach us every life lesson. It could be a life lesson, a religion lesson, an attitude lesson, or anything else.


He would always come home from work during my preschool year and sleep without looking at my siblings' faces. He's also very severe about a routine he's given us, which requires us to memories all 12 times tables in exchange for time to play. However, it did assist me and my siblings in improving our performance in several subjects. I also recall how much I despised informing him if the school had a signing report card day since I knew he would arrive late. I once had to walk home because the sign report card had already ended, and I was scolded shortly after he discovered I didn't wait for him.

My father was admitted to the hospital on the first day of my high school in 2016 because he was suffering from a brain cell breakout caused by one of his brain cells exploding. After that, he underwent brain surgery and experienced amnesia for a period of time. His attitude began to shift after nearly seven months of recovery. He seemed happier and more open. He'll always tell me about his childhood and console me when I'm upset. He then went on to ask if I thought he had been a decent parent throughout my life, to which I replied that he had not. It's a terrible thing to say to your father, but I had no choice. But he worked for years to correct his errors, which I admire.


 

I wish he were still here, because there is no longer any "is," only "was." My father passed away on June 19, 2020. He died two days after my 17th birthday, and we weren't able to celebrate our birthdays like we used to. I remember him asking me "Do you forgive me for my mistakes?" a week before he passed away, and I remember sitting there numbly knowing that I didn't even hold a grudge against him anymore, but my inner self just urged me to ignore the question and act like he never asked it. During those five years of his recuperation, I learned about his actual self: he was a broken child on the inside as well. Even when I do bad things, he constantly consoles me and advises me to improve myself.

 "I had forgiven you so long ago, you are the greatest father I could ever want for," I'd say to my father if I ever get the chance to say something final to him. I hope that one day I will be able to tell you all of the stories I've had since you left. "I absolutely adore you." He was and always will be my greatest source of comfort and joy.


Written By Afiif Ilham Bin Yusman.








Comments

Popular Posts